Monday, February 2, 2009

I need my WTF blanket.


I was just talking to my super awesome cousin Eric about how I'm a fucking nutcase and how it really shows in my blogging and he reminded me that "crazy is good, normal is boring." So then I decided that since I'm on a mission to expel all my crazy before I get on a plane and freak out mid flight and run up and down the aisles screaming that I want to get off the plane, that I would blog a shit ton (literally, a ton of shit) before I take off to Italy.

I've mentioned before that normally when I open up my blog and go to post, I usually have no idea what the Hell I want to write about, or what the Hell I have on my mind. I guess being the ADD person that I am my mind bounces around a lot and I can't focus on much for very long.

In good news, I'm actually getting excited for this trip. What sucks is that I'm such a pessimist I'm like, WTF, I totally don't deserve this trip. Oh God, I am going to blow up, I'm going to get raped and killed, I'm going to crash in a car, blah blah. So - instead of focusing on shit that makes me anxious, I've been googling pictures of the places I will be visiting and getting stoked on it.


So, thus far - Our itinerary looks like this: Fly into Milan Feb 27th, drive up to Morbegno and stay there for 1.5 weeks. Since I'll be Northern Italy I doubt I'll hit Southern Italy which sucks. :[ But I'm going to go to Switzerland since I'm on the damn border. When in Italy, I'll be able to visit Milan, Lake Como (it's on the way to Morbegno), Venice, Parma, Modena, Florence and hopefully we can take the train to Rome for a day if we leave early in the morning. After Italy we're flying to Madrid, Spain for 3-4 days to visit family. After we spend a long weekend with them, we're flying home from Madrid. We're not going to stay very long since we're going back this summer for 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping to extend the trip and go to Portugal and France. But that's a good time away from now so if I survive this trip I'll start planning for the next. LOL.

It's when I google photos like this one above that remind me that I have to somehow make sure I do not ka-boom mid air and make it there. You know, maybe I'll have a freak out on the plane and will be forced to stay in Italy. I'll send for my dog and then I'll be happy. :)

So, to my dear readers (if any of you exist) - please deal with me for the next 3+ weeks as I just ramble on about planes and stupid shit. It makes me feel better.

No comments: