Saturday, March 6, 2010

Waking up drunk.



Last night was one of CJ's going away parties that we had here at my house. I still can't believe my brother is leaving me for Kentucky. Thankfully Jessica's family lives out here and CJ still has family out here (besides me and my parents) so he'll be out here a lot to visit. I'm hoping to go and visit them in the late spring/early summer. Ahhh. Depressing that he's leaving but I'm happy for him. Anyway, it was so fantastic to have all the "old crew" together - it's like we're one big happy family again. CJ brought a ton of booze like usual. I don't know how it happened but I ended up getting completely hammered off of like 5 or 6 beers. Mike looked at me and was like, "I SEE YOU DRINK ENTIRE BOTTLES OF WINE AND NOT GET THIS HAMMERED!" I'm not sure what BS excuse I gave him, but I'm sure it was probably something awesome. When I'm drunk I find great logic in my stupidity. I recently became a fan of GETTING AWESOME instead of drunk on Facebook, so I suppose that had something to do with it.

I don't know what time I ended up going to bed. I wish I would have looked at my phone to see how many hours of sleep I'm missing from my life. This morning I woke up at the crack of dawn to hit up the Fisherman's market. God, that was simply amazing. Apparently the tuna boats only come in to the harbor once a month or something like that so it's a big deal when they're there. I ended up getting (fresh & sushi grade) Big-Eye Tuna, Opah and live shrimp. It's a rarity to find Opah, much less sushi grade. I literally almost shit my pants when I saw it available. Everyone's like WHAT'S OPAH and I'm like JUST KNOW IT'S NOT TUNA SINCE YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR FISH and yeah. I have Opah. Fuck yes. It was also really friggin' awesome to watch the fisherman filet the fish on the boat. I've never seen that before so that was really cool to see. I think everyone should see that. I wish I could have gone down and done it myself but they wouldn't let me... Liability reasons. lol.



Soooo... after the Fisherman's market we all went out to breakfast. I ordered corned beef and hash and it tasted like dog food. What's the worst dog food out on the market? Because I'm pretty sure that's what they gave me. I figured since this restaurant was full of old and cranky fisherman that I better not bitch and just have my liquid breakfast...

Fantastic morning. :)

No comments: