Sunday, April 25, 2010

Computer Issues + RANDOM LIFE.

DEAR FRIENDS - PLEASE BARE WITH ME!

I broke my computer today. Not just kind of broke but REALLY BROKE IT in a fit of fury. I don't know how long it will take to go through all the insurance crap, so it could be a couple of weeks at most. I will be updating as much as I possibly can on other people's computers. For now, I am on my dad's laptop which is littered with viruses so I can't upload/download anything which sucks because i have pictures from tonight I wanted to post. If you're on my facebook, you'll see the ones I wanted to post on my mobile uploads. Otherwise, no web cam shots until I get this computer situation remedied. SORRY!


Tonight Sonata Actica played at the House of Blues - not that it matters because I didn't see the show but my friend Melissa came in from out of town so I wanted to meet up with her there.

I have family that has Foundation Room membership - so I called them to get me on the list as their guest to get in... I later get a call from concierge saying there's a private event being held at the Foundation Room so it's limited access to the bar only and it won't be open until 11:00 pm. So, fine, whatever. I deal with it. Instead of taking one of my guys tonight I ended up taking one of my bestfriends because I know every time I'm with her, weird shit happens. Like, really weird shit. She'd kill me if I actually posted every detail of our Vegas trip on here because a majority of the BAD SHIT THAT HAPPENED on that trip was directly involving her. So, from now on she's my main bitch to take places because of all the laughs I get from her.

We get into the bar and walk straight into the event. It's the Australian Music Expo and it's NOTHING but hot young Aussies running around like a bunch of drunks. Immediately theres a drink in my hand and I'm in the middle of a group of guys from a band... Something about some animal... and they're all really funny and totally crazy... And there was another band with them that I can't remember the name. [insert 2 hours of conversation here and a trip to The Confessional] - Some way or another, the one I was talking to got ditched by his own band... So I offered to drive him back to wherever he was staying since it was on my way back home.

My girlfriend and I are in the car and he's drunk in the back and I whisper to her to play along with me. The car gets quiet, I lock the doors and I say to my friend, "Well, I guess it's time we tell him that we plan on ending his life tonight." and my friend turns around at looks at him and says, "Sorry, you life ends tonight." This poor guy... I'm pretty sure we sobered him up in less than 10 seconds and his voiced cracked a million times while trying to ask us if we were for real. I looked at him and said, "You have 3 seconds to figure out how to get out of this car before I step on the gas and you're going to end up dead if you jump out." - i said this knowing i have safety doors that I need to unlock for him to get out of the back. Well, point is - I think the back of my car smells like diarrhea now. I slammed on the gas, cut off a couple of cars, drove like a maniac up Laurel Canyon and for about half of it (before I need to seriously look for the address to drop him off), this guy was begging for his life. Literally, he was begging, pleading, telling us he'd pay us not to kill him and wah wah wah. The point is that I don't know how I held it together for so long with this guy actually thinking I was going to kill him. I mean, I know I'm completely crazy but I haven't killed anyone yet... I guess I'm 1 foot in the door (or grave?) on that now. It's just a matter of doing it. POINT IS that I scared the shit out of this guy and I've forever left mental scars on him from that.

So after driving in circles looking for this place (note to self: get directions from other people, NOT A DRUNK that's from ANOTHER COUNTRY that has NO CLUE where anything is), we get back to this mansion his band is renting right off of Laurel Canyon. It's totally unsuspectingly beautiful. The outside just looks like a fairly large size house with big gates which is common for the area. Walk it and it's totally music-version of a Real World house. It was really awesome. These band guys being from Australia I had to ask... DO YOU HAVE VEGEMITE? Guess what? They did. I finally, FINALLY - FINALLY - got to try vegemite. The guy made it for me the traditional way - you eat it on a piece of toast with butter and then spread it on top of the butter. I was really hesitant about trying this shit because I look at the ingredients and it's YEAST EXTRACT, MALT EXTRACT, SALT, MORE SALT, MORE SALT, MORE SALT - and it smells like beef bullion cubes. Well, it wasn't as terrible as I thought but I also do not understand the palate of the average Australian if they can't live without it. To me, it tasted like a malty-yeasty version of a beef broth that had been reduced down into peanut butter-like spread. My friend wanted to die when she put it in her mouth. I'd actually really like to know the average BP of Aussie folk--- because that's literally hypertension in a little yellow jar. After the vegemite I got over it and left. My friend and I are supposed to go to their show on Monday in Hollywood and go out drinking after. We'll see what I end up doing. My life is weird - I might end up doing blow off a hooker's ass. Who knows these days.

1 comment:

liquidcrow said...

Hahaha. Fuuuuuu.....Your life will end in 3 seconds prank is god damn genius.

I think I love you, lol.