Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jello Legs.

So in an effort to be in good shape again, Katie and I have been dieting and working out. Today we asked Dom to take us on a hike since he's Mr. Super Athlete. He said to me, "What kind of hike do you want to go on?" So I replied, "One that will kick my ass." I never thought for a minute, not for a nanosecond that he would take me bouldering over a stream that I never knew existed. The hike reminded me of the Bear Joke my Dad used to tell everyone. Now that I am an old sack of shit, I now realized that it probably wasn't the most appropriate joke to tell me when I was a kid (not that he told ME, but he'd tell his buddies when I was around). Anyway. There's a line in the joke that goes, "Through the meadow, through the trees, over the mountain, across the river, over the rocks." That was me today. Minus I went over the rock on the steam rather than in it. Katie and I complained a lot about our aches and pains, but we had fun. I manage to use my upper body strength and climb up a chain that someone placed for other hikes to use to go up a portion of a rock wall. I also managed to not slip in water, however, there was a mighty big drop from one boulder to another and I scraped up the side of my right calf. I avoided a lot of poison oak, I didn't get bit by fireants although they were everywhere, I did not get eaten by a mountain lion (which Katie was very scared of) and overall I am extremely proud of myself that I didn't need to call 9-1-1 because I broke something in the middle of a rock canyon.

Tomorrow I plan on taking it easy and sitting out in the marina on the boat for some night fishing. I better catch a halibut now that I've done some extensive research on catching the fuckers.


No comments: