Sunday, March 22, 2009

Birthday WTF.


So my birthday wasn't terrible and I was being my normal drama-queen self. Fine, fine, fine, so I will admit that I've always been a brat and have enjoyed being cooked for on my birthday but apparently now that I'm a crickety old bitch that I no longer get those luxuries. I made my own fat girl cake and it tasted yummy of course. However, after actually REALLY trying to put together a nice cake rather than just frosting it while it's in the stupid pan, I realized that I do not have enough cake decorating accessories and now I'm pissed. My mom and I were hunting high and low, through the woods, across the river, over the rocks, road camels through the desert and climbed K2 looking for my cake stand that I once had. After about 2 hours of screaming and yelling over the stupid cake stand we realized that it has been gone since 2001... When my house burned down and we haven't replaced it since. That shows how often I make nice cakes. Sure, I bake cakes all the time but I never make them nice. I'm like - here's a plate, plop on cake, plop on frosting on cake. pick up fork. stab cake. bring fork to mouth. chew. swollow. rinse with milk. repeat. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I need to work on more cakes and get a fucking cake stand so I can smooth out a cake properly.

No comments: