Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sana, sana, culito de rana, si no sana hoy, sana mañana.

I haven't been able to blog lately because I keep torturing myself. Not that my hands haven't been working, but that my brain hasn't been able to process anything more than "OWWWEEEEE" for a while. I know that I have all sorts of problems with my knees, shin and ankles, yet I keep going. I'm like The Little Engine That Could, minus my perseverance and hard work are not paying off the way I want it to.

The weather permitted a nice hike on Tuesday. Dom and I just went for a nice long walk on an easy path off of Mulholland only because I was planning on running later in the evening. I wish I wouldn't have gone for that run because I think I blew out my shins for good. It's 1:00 a.m. and I'm laying sideways typing because I'm icing. I have a gigantic icebag between the insides of shins. it sucks. They have been hurting non-stop since Tuesday night and I literally iced them the moment I got back.

I'm resting my shins for the next week. I will get anxious, I will be bored out of my mind and borderline pulling my hair out but I will force myself to not kill my body any more than I already have. That is a promise.

No comments: