Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Great Escape.


Sometimes I feel like the only person on the internet brave enough to post pictures of themselves looking like a pile of wet, steaming dog shit. I guess if I am not worthy of being looked at without a made up face, don't bother looking at me at all.

Anyway.

Withdrawal is a bitch. Not drugs, not alcohol - but rather, life withdrawal. In specific, Spain withdrawal. I'm going back this year, and on the same days I was there last year. Strange how an entire year has passed right before my eyes. I've done so much since my last visit.

I wish school was something that kept my interest long enough that it could consume my life in a mentally and emotionally positive way. I do it, I do it very well, then I get bored to tears because what I want in life doesn't come with a .edu e-mail address. I do it because I feel obligated, not because I want it. Life is short, and life is too short to be tied down to a life you don't want. I admire my friend Jeffer in many ways, he lives the dream pretty well. Just packs up and goes, and I admire that a lot about him. He puts his happiness first - and that is the dream: to be happy. The other day we were talking about how we're just going to end up old people surrounded by no one other than our dogs, and we're okay with that. There's more to this world than inanimate objects and life is a journey that is only completed when you die.

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

"You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world." - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

I am planning my great escape - and I'll be gone before you know it.

No comments: