Saturday, July 4, 2009

Filters.

I have disappointed myself. My mind has been flaccid and I'm not sure what I need to stimulate it. Clearly not drugs, not alcohol - food is always stimulating but it's just enough to get me by without falling asleep. I've had a couple of good highs being head deep in farmer's market bins with legumes and rice but I haven't had a major mind orgasm in a while and I guess that's why I have not blogged. Or maybe another reason is that I am just lazy and have chosen to occupy my free time by reading books revolving around nutritional anthropology, therefore making me just 1 step up above awesome because it just shows that I take my food seriously. The incessant need to know absolutely everything about food is just as bad as people with OCD washing their hands 100 times a day. I wash my brain so much with information that every once in a while it gets jumbled in my mind as one fatty, grizzled thought and then I sit there blank-faced trying to remember what I just read, with all my dates and names and miscellaneous mental notes i've taken. Sometimes it feels like someone crammed a ton of newspapers in my head, got frustrated with trying to find a certain article and then said FUCK THIS and lit it all on fire. Of course I feel like my head is made out of something flamable (is crazy flamable? is it even an element? can it be put on the table of elements?) and said fire just completely blows my mind off. Well, whatever chemical reaction it is in my brain, the outcome pisses me off. I just know that I know why British food sucks a fat one and although I get the reason, it does not mean that TODAY it should still suck. My theory is that what the English believe is "aint broke" they "aint fixin' it." Well, someone get a loud speaker and park me on Big Ben because I would like to proclaim to all of London that I can fix their shitty food problem with a bit of history and a plan to NOT keep repeating it. It's really that simple. I will fix the world, one shitty dish at a time.

No comments: