Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crash.

100 miles an hour,
nowhere to go,
left between the ocean and the sun,
gripping the wheel tightly,
don't let me go.
reflections in the distance,
i wish we could have grown.
shadows growing on rocky walls,
these giants racing near,
full speed ahead.
just a straight road
did you see me?
moments of rage feed me,
the wind pulling my long hair,
you can do it baby,
just seek the air.
my tires are burning,
my world is turning,
i may not be returning,
could you please be more discerning.
tears from my eyes,
shaking so violently,
it's hard to keep my grip.
my destination draws near,
green eyes are shutting,
clouds of dust spinning from the back wheels,
did i do the right thing?
falling so quickly,
my hands above my heart,
just waiting to win.
i did it,
i'm crashing,
there will be no more clashing,
this will be the final slashing,
white and yellow lights are dimly flashing.
waves of blue and gold to wrap me in.
my chest is breaking,
the cold is taking,
this was long in the making,
did you want to run me so thin?
i watched myself fade,
my lips have gone blue,
once olive skin has turned white.
deeper and deeper the descend
the sun has lost its incandescence
forever lost,
a soulless way,
eternally strapped to the cold,
will you miss me now that i'm gone?

No comments: